We can take care of all your smoke alarm needs from compliance, installation, repairs and routine maintenance. By having smoke alarms throughout your home, gives peace of mind that everyone will be alerted in the event of a fire. This then allows for everyone to leave the home quickly and safely.
Did you know the legislation for smoke alarms in Queensland has changed?
The changes apply to:
- From January 2017 – New dwellings and dwellings that have been substantially renovated
- From January 2022 – Dwellings being sold, leased or an existing lease is renewed
- From January 2027 – For existing owner-occupied dwellings
Smoke alarms must be:
- Photoelectric (AS 3786-2017)
- Be less than 10 years old
- Be interconnected with all smoke alarms activating at the same time
- Installed in each bedroom
- Installed in any interconnected hallways
- If the home is 2 storey and no bedrooms on 1 of the storey’s a smoke alarm must be installed in the most likely exit pathway